Mr. Andrew Egala – Chief Executive Officer ( Board- Secretary)
2013-2014 Project Co-ordinator – Africa Pan African Agribusiness & Agroindustry Consortium (PanAAC) An agribusiness private-sector led continental organisation working closely with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) and African Union Commission (AUC) in the implementation of the African Countries National Investment Plans (NAIPs) under the Comprehensive African Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP). Co-ordinating – producer Entrepreneurship development initiatives (a DKK 99M DANIDA )funded, Universities, Business and Research in Agricultural innovation (UniBRAIN) initiative of Africa commission, Agribusiness incubation centres in Mali, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya and Zambia. Has worked on various developmental programs initiatives with USAID - ACDI/VOCA Technical capacity building. GIZ – Supported farmers agripreneurship through farmers co-operatives. IPFRI supported forums in Ethiopia effectiveness & strengthening co-operatives. Partnership for Aflatoxin control in Africa ( PACA) program. Agro Enterprise learning Alliance ( AELA), promoting developmental programs –mobilizing partnerships for investments at national, regional and international levels, Malawi, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya and Ethiopia. Association for strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA), promoting developmental programs through dialogue peer review on science agenda in Africa forums. Commercialisation of technologies and valuation. Africa agribusiness supplier development( AASDP) UN-AFIM ( Africa Facility for inclusive Markets), promoting alliances between governments, private sector, farmers organization .
Inter-working relation with International research agencies ICRISAT, FARA, ASARECA, CIAT and Regional African Universities forum ANAFE, Regional Economic Communities,(EAC,COMESA,) Expert forums on Post-harvest managment Global Knowledge initiative / Rock feller foundation, Science agenda in Africa, enacted by Heads of Africa States in Malabo 2014.Malabo 2014. Agribusiness development of agribusiness incubators innovation centres in Africa ( Ghana, Mali, Zambia, Uganda, Kenya )
Team Africa-Alliance to End Hunger(USA) advocacy for food security and malnutrition.
Organising various Agribusiness platforms, forums conferences, seminars on markets & trade facilitation, Mentorship in Africa.
Felix M Bamezon
Senior Country Director for the Alliance to end Hunger’s National Alliance Partnership Program.( USA) Has been with Alliance over 30 years of experience managing food assistance programs with the World Food Program. During his time with WFP, Felix served in the Central African Republic, Sao Tome and Principe, Rome, Burkina Faso, Angola, Malawi, the United States, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, and Zimbabwe. Felix holds a Master’s degree in International Law from the University of Lome and a Master’s degree in Public Administration from SUNY Albany.
Prof :-Byarugaba Bazirake George William , Ugandan -MSc (Food Technology,Kuban State University,Russia), PhD (Food Biotech.,Stellenbosch University, RSA)Dean, Faculty of Science, Senior Lecturer-Food Technology Kyambogo University, Uganda).
20 years of teaching experience –started in St Mary’s College, Kisubi (1985-89), Uganda Polytechnic Kyambogo(1996-2001) and 11 years experience of research ,lecturing and supervising university students(2001-2011),served as Lecturer since 2001 and Senior Lecturer, Dean for 2 Years at Kyambogo University
- Awarded Patent(2009) , Technology of Enzymatic Inactivation /Vacuum Sealing Fresh Bananas
- Acquiring US FDA Certification that permits exportation of fresh peeled bananas with SPS Certicate
- Started Program/Department of Food Processing Technology(1997 ,2010 as department)
- Team leader Bachelor of Food Processing Technology Program write -up(2001)
- Team leader for Postgraduate write -ups of PhD and MSc.in Food Technology
- Principal Investigator, Presidential Support to Scientists (2008 -2011)
- AFCLIST Research Winner under Rockefeller Foundation Sponsorship Director(2000)
- UNESCO - UPAAE Winner at Stellenbosch University(Feb -July,2001)
- Director, Consortium (UniBRAIN – Afribana Limited ) on Value Addition in Banana Value Chain 2011 -todate
- Published various articles in reputable Journals and authored a few text books.
- Patron of Food Technology KYU Association and Kabale –Mbarara KYU Students Association
- Member of Boards and Councils of various Institutions and Firms (UNCST,KYU,TAMU Foods, AROMA-Bella Wines, etc.).
- Done Consultancy for various organizations and Companies -UNCST, MSI, ECSA, The Hunger Project in Uganda, UNESCO, MeES.
- Adjudicator of several science and technology events and Chairperson in various organisations.
- Participated in various scientific international& local conferences/symposia/workshops
- Chairman Uganda national Council for Science and technology (UNSCT) Science Technology and Innovation(STI) committees.
Lilian Kidula Lihasi
Agricultural Innovation Specialist
Msc (Agricultural Extension, Egerton University), PhD (Agriculture and Rural Innovation Studies, Egerton University- in Progress)
23 years working experience in Policy, Research and Technology Dissemination – Agriculture Fisheries and Food Authority- Sugar Directorate (2014- 2015), Kenya Sugar Board (2009-2014), Kenya Sugar Research Foundation (2001-2009), Kenya Sugar authority (1992- 2001).
Nominated as a technical consultant in studying the competitiveness of the Sugar Industry in the COMESA region (2014); team leader in facilitating partnerships for development of the National Sugar Policy (2015); a key player in restructuring the Sugar Industry smallholder farmers’ apex body (2015). Instrumental in facilitating partnerships, coordinating training of trainers programs, linking smallholder producers to technology and contributing to Sugar industry policy briefs, factsheets and debates. Currently facilitating partnerships and networks to foster interactions and innovations for promoting smallholders’ livelihoods and food security.
Participated in various scientific international and local conferences/ workshops and symposia; published papers and authored a book on gender, contract farming and food security